Use the following questions to guide you in thinking about what kind of logo you want and to help you explain your needs to the designer.
1. What kind of business are you? Describe your product or service.
2. Do you need to upgrade an existing logo or have a new one designed?
3. Do you have a branding statement? What is it?
4. Who is your target market?
5. Who are your main competitors?
6. What is the business name to be used in the logo design?
7. Will a tag line be incorporated into your design? What is it?
8. Where will you be using your logo?
9. Are you a web-based business only?
10. Do you want a logo with a visual or iconic element, or do you just want a type treatment?
11. Do you have colors in mind? Provide the pms or rgb numbers.
12. List words describing the overall impression you want the logo to give (i.e. helpful, safe, classy...)
13. List any visuals that you think would represent your business (i.e. a heart, a dog, a house).
14. Describe the mood of the logo. Is it happy, somber, serious...?
15. When do you need delivery by? (Note that local offset print shops need about two weeks to print).